Saturday, October 22, 2016

Event 9 (Flight J): A Feat Hard To Match

Event 9 ($350 No Limit Hold'em $300,000 Guarantee)
Level 9 (Blinds 400/800/100)
Total Flight J Entries: 154
Players Remaining: 78


Al Krux (Tampa, FL)
Whether it's a movie based around poker, or just every players dream, the World Series Of Poker Main Event final table is really the pinnacle of poker.  Most players, regardless of the skill set, will never even reach arms length of the dream.  Now we understand that things have evolved over the course of time, but our most recent notable in the field has (3) WSOP Main Event final tables to his name!

Try and think back (12) years...I was in law school at the time, but was enamored by poker and the ESPN coverage.  I remember watching the 2004 Main Event coverage (when Greg "Fossilman" Raymer won) each time it was on, regardless of the fact that I knew the outcome.  So when I passed Al Krux (Tampa, FL) in the field moments ago, I knew I recognized the face, but really just assumed it wasn't who I was thinking.  

My assumptions were wrong (wasn't the first time), and it turns out that Al is in today's Flight J field.  In addition to the three WSOP Main Event final tables, Al has one WSOP bracelet, and over $1,442,000 in earnings.  Krux now resides in Tampa, but with a little convincing from his nephew, decided to take the trip down here to play the event.  

No comments:

Post a Comment